Winogradsky/Sobel negotiates on behalf of songwriters and composers to protect their rights and get the best deal possible, whether it be the administration of a publishing catalog, setting up foreign sub-publishing administration agreements, or licensing music to a third party, such as a television or motion picture producer or a record company.
For songwriters, Win/So negotiates, drafts and analyzes the necessary contracts and licenses and provides knowledgeable opinions and expert advice regarding copyright issues, music licensing and music publishing. Further, Win/So helps songwriters maximize their income from the music they own by providing general consultation and other specific services.
For composers, Win/So advises and negotiates with production company clients, making sure that compensation is at industry standards, protecting the writer’s share of “back end” income and/or attempting to get all or part of the publishing in the score.
WIN/SO COMPOSER AND SONGWRITER SERVICES include:
• Drafting and analyzing songwriter agreements
• Negotiation and drafting of co-writer and co-publisher agreements
• Negotiation with publishing, record and production companies for song placements
• Negotiation of deal terms and agreements for film and television composers
• Clearance and licensing of copyrighted music and recordings to third parties
• Global collection of royalties and license fees with our network of international publishers
(see Music Publishing Administration
WIN/SO RECENT CLIENTS Include:
The composers of television programs including:
“Seinfeld” • “Frasier” • “Will & Grace” • “The New Adventures of Old Christine” • “Til Death” • “C.S.I.” • “NCIS” • “Chuck” • “Scrubs” • “Survivor” • “America’s Funniest Home Videos” and many more.